-->

The "Oh no! I cant wear my favorite jeans anymore! Skirt

Posted by JPAtlantis on Tuesday, May 28, 2013.

As it turns out I cannot wear my favorite jeans anymore due to a hole that formed in an unlikely spot. I was enjoying a mommy break aka. hiding in the bathroom and surfing www.pinterest.com when I saw that someone made a skirt out of some fabric and the top part of jeans. I had to try it!Personally I don't wear skirts when a pair of jeans are handy but I live in Texas now so I have to dress for the heat. After I made this skirt I want to do this to all the other jeans I hate wearing.

This project would take any normal person about an hour tops! In this case I had to 'Bull in a China Shop' sew because my kids and life in general kept getting into the way. I really should just sew at night but I'm soooo tired by the end of the day. Ok, lets do this! Grab a pair of jeans that have the perfect waist, shorts would work too. Then grab some fabric that fits around your hips plus a little more for seams and some give. I lucked out and found fabric I didn't have to hem. I didn't show the part where I sewed the skirt fabric together leaving a high slit. Just sew the edges so that it looks nice and finished.


I just started to cut the jeans.

 Pull the pockets out so that you do not cut them. Make sure you keep the back pocket intact too.
 Pin up high so that you can sew without hitting the pins. Trim the fabric later. Follow along the edge with a basting stitch, try it on, then do a final straight stitch if the skirt is perfect.


 The finished product! I bunched a good bit of fabric toward the front and put a slit in it so that it opened in the front. I hope you like it. Please post if you have any questions. Good luck!

No Responses to The "Oh no! I cant wear my favorite jeans anymore! Skirt

Leave a Reply